Acceptance Criteria for Ageas Short Term Insurance
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Proposer
- Is Aged between 21-75 if insuring a Private Car or aged between 25-70 if insuring a Commercial Vehicle
- Have held a full UK licence for more than 12 months.
- Have resided in the UK for the past 12 months.
- Are NOT unemployed or connected to any of the following professions; Couriers, Entertainment Industry, Fast-food Delivery or Parcel Delivery.
- Have had NO claims or loses of any type (excluding windscreen) in the last 3 years.
- Have NO MORE THAN 6 penalty points on your licence in the past 3 years and have no police enquiry pending.
- Have NEVER been refused insurance, had a policy cancelled or voided.
- Have NO criminal convictions, Police prosecutions or enquiries pending.
- Have NOT been disqualified from driving or had my licence revoked in the last 3 years.
About the Vehicle
- Has a valid MOT (if required), is NOT declared as SORN (off road) with DVLA, registered in the UK and has NOT been seized or impounded by the Police.
- Has NOT been modified, NB: Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger or converted to LPG are acceptable.
- Is ‘right-hand-drive’ and is NONE of the following: Horsebox, Licenced Taxi or Minicab, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Recovery Vehicle, Refrigerated or a Tipper.
- Is valued at over £1,000 and less than £65,000.
- Has NO MORE than 5 seats if a Commercial Vehicle with a maximum GVW of 3.5 tons and NO MORE than 7 seats if a Private Car.
- Usage will be restricted to social domestic & pleasure purposes, which includes commuting and use by policyholder in connection with their business.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims Management, Credit Hire or Accident Management firm.
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK or imported into the UK during this period of insurance cover.
- Will NOT use the vehicle to carry hazardous goods, scrap waste or be used or driven at a hazardous location, or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.