Acceptance Criteria for ERS Short Term Cover
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Proposer
- Are aged between 18 and 75 and hold a full UK, EU, EEA, Swiss or Commonwealth driving licence for more than 6 months.
- Have been continuously resident in the UK, EU, EEA or Switzerland for the past 12 months. NB: Temporary visitors from Commonwealth Countries (listed under our Commonwealth licences options) and Ex-Pats do not have to adhere to this residency restriction.
- Are NOT Unemployed, or have an occupation which is connected to the following trades or professions: Couriers, Entertainment Industry, Fast-food Delivery, Parcel Delivery or a Professional Sports-person.
- Have had NO MORE than 2 accidents, claims or losses in the past 3 years.
- Have NO MORE than 6 penalty points on your licence in the past 5 years.
- Have NOT been disqualified from driving or had your licence revoked in the past 5 years.
- Have NEVER had an insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused; or had an insurance claim repudiated or declined.
- Have NEVER been convicted of any criminal offence or have a police enquiry or possible prosecution pending.
About the Vehicle
- Has a market value greater than £1,500 and less than £60,000.
- Is right-hand drive, has no more than 8 seats and is not a Horsebox, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Recovery Vehicle or a Tipper.
- Has NOT been modified or altered in any way - including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine. NB: Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or a disabled passenger is acceptable. Vehicles converted to LPG are acceptable.
- Has a valid MOT certificate (if required) and is not currently declared as being off-road under the DVLA SORN Regulations.
- Has not been seized or impounded by the Police or any Law Enforcement Agency.
- Will be used for social domestic & pleasure purposes, which includes commuting & personal business use only.
- Will NOT be used to carry hazardous goods, scrap waste or be used or driven at a hazardous location, or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims, Credit Hire or Accident Management firm.
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK during this period of insurance cover.