Acceptance Criteria for Southern Rock Daily Insurance
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Proposer
- Have held a valid full UK licence for over 6 months.
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for the past 36 months.
- Have had NO MORE THAN 1 fault claim within in the last 3 years (a pending claim is considered a fault claim).
- Have NEVER had an insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused, or renewal declined; or had an insurance claim repudiated or declined.
- Have NO MORE THAN 6 penalty points on your licence in the past 2 years and have no police enquiry pending.
- Have NEVER been disqualified from driving or had their licence revoked in the past 5 years.
- Have never been convicted of any criminal offence or anti-social behavioural orders or have any possible prosecutions pending.
- Are NOT Unemployed or working in any connection in the following industries - TV and Radio, Entertainment, Professional or semi-professional sport, Taxi Driver, Diplomatic or Embassy staff, General Dealer or Scrap and/or Salvage Dealer, Market Trader, a member of any foreign Armed services, and working within the gaming or gambling industry, Courier, or have a trade or profession where you get paid to transport goods or passengers.
About the Vehicle
- Is not a Horsebox, Licenced Taxi or Minicab, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Recovery Vehicle or a Tipper.
- Has no more than 5 seats for Commercial Vehicles and 8 seats for Private Cars, has a current MOT certificate if required; is not recorded as a category A or B insurance loss and is not declared as being off-road under the DVLA SORN Regulations.
- Is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
- Will only be used for social domestic & pleasure purposes, including commuting and personal business use by the policyholder only.
- Will NOT be used for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, scrap waste, to carry hazardous goods or be used or driven at a hazardous location, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.
- Is right-hand drive and has not been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine) - vehicles converted to LPG or modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger are acceptable.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims/ Credit Hire/ Accident Management or Vehicle Rental firm.
- Has NOT been seized or impounded and this insurance is not to obtain its release
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK or imported into the UK during this period of insurance cover.
- I am aware that the maximum indemnity limit in respect of loss or damage shall not exceed £25,000 for Commercial Vehicles or £40,000 for Private Cars