Acceptance Criteria for Tradewise Short Term Insurance
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Drivers
- Hold a current full and valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss driving licence for at least 12 months.
- Have been continuously resident in the UK for the past 12 months (temporary visitors from Commonwealth Countries and Ex-Pats do not have to adhere to this residency restriction).
- are NOT Unemployed or a Professional Sportsperson; or have a full or part-time occupation which is connected to the following trades or professions: Couriers, Entertainment Industry, Fast Food Delivery, Parcel Delivery, Claims/Credit Hire or Accident Management Company Or Vehicle Rental
- Have had NO MORE than 2 motor accidents, claims or losses in the past 3 years.
- Have NO MORE than 6 penalty points in the past 5 years, and have no police enquiry pending.
- Have NOT been disqualified from driving or had their licence revoked in the past 5 years.
- have NEVER had an insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused, Or Renewal Declined; or had an insurance claim repudiated or declined
- Have NEVER been convicted of any criminal offence or have any possible prosecution pending.
About the Vehicle
- Is NOT a Horsebox, Licenced Taxi or Minicab, Lorry, Minibus, Motor Caravan, Motor Home, Recovery Vehicle or a Tipper.
- Has NO MORE than 8 seats, has a current MOT certificate if required; is NOT recorded as a Category A or B insurance loss and is NOT declared as being off-road under the DVLA SORN Regulations. I am aware that the maximum indemnity limit in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle shall not exceed £40000.
- Has NOT been modified or altered in any way (including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine) - vehicles converted to LPG or modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger are acceptable.
- Has NOT been seized or impounded, and I am not buying insurance cover to obtain its release.
- Will ONLY be used for social domestic & pleasure purposes, including commuting and personal business use by the policyholder only.
- Will NOT be used for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, scrap waste, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials, competitions or to carry hazardous goods.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims/ Credit Hire/ Accident Management or Vehicle Rental firm.
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK or imported into the UK during this period of insurance cover.