Acceptance Criteria for Xpekt Temporary Cover
To keep the number of questions that we ask to a minimum, we make certain assumptions as detailed below and must describe your circumstances correctly. These will form the basis of your insurance contract which may be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility criteria stated.
About the Proposer
- Have resided in the UK, EU, EEA OR Switzerland for the past 12 months OR I am an Ex-Pat OR a visitor from a Commonwealth Country.
- Have held a full UK, EU, EEA, Swiss or Commonwealth licence for the past 6 months.
- Are NOT Unemployed, or have an occupation which is connected to the following trades or professions: Couriers, Licenced taxi or mini-cab driver, Parcel Delivery, Fast-food delivery, Entertainment Industry, or a Professional Sports person.
- Have had NO MORE THAN 2 accidents, claims or loses in the past 3 years irrespective of blame.
- Have had NO MORE THAN 11 penalty points on my licence in the past 5 years and have no police enquiry pending.
- Have NOT been disqualified from driving or had my licence revoked in the past 5 years.
- Have NEVER had an insurance policy cancelled, made void or refused; or had an insurance claim repudiated or declined.
- Have NEVER been convicted of any criminal offence or have any possible prosecution pending.
About the Vehicle
- Has a valid MOT (if required), is NOT declared as SORN (off road) with DVLA and has NOT been seized by the Police.
- Has NOT been modified or altered in any way - including wheels, suspension, bodywork and engine. Vehicles modified to cater for a disabled driver or passenger or converted to LPG are acceptable.
- Is ‘right-hand-drive’, has no more than 8 seats and is not a Horsebox, Licensed Taxi or Minicab, Lorry, Minibus, Recovery Vehicle, Refrigerated or a Tipper.
- Is valued at more than £1,500 and less than £60,000.
- Usage will be restricted to social domestic & pleasure purposes, which includes commuting & personal business use only.
- Will NOT be used to carry hazardous goods, scrap waste or be used or driven at a hazardous location, or for any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pace-making, speed testing, rallies, trials or competitions.
- Is NOT owned, operated by, hired or rented from any Claims Management, Credit Hire or Accident Management firm.
- Is NOT being exported outside of the UK or imported into the UK during this period of insurance cover.